Situated within the Littlehampton Harbour, the marina is in walking distance of the services and facilities along the river and in the town centre. Here's a guide to the main things you need to know about the Harbour if you're coming to visit:
- The speed limit is 6.5 knots but it is asked that you observe a "no wash" policy.
- The level of the Littlehampton bar which extends 600 metres southwards from the end of the West Pier is 0.9 metres above chart datum. The depth of water covering the bar can be calculated by subtracting 0.7 metres from the height of water indicated on the tide boards situated within the harbour.(Source:www.littlehampton.org.uk)
- PWC users must obtain permission to use the Harbour first.
- The Harbour encompasses the area from the old road bridge at Arundel to 50 feet Due South of the western pier and 500 yards either side of the breakwaters (Source: www.littlehampton.org.uk).
- River Arun tidal differences: +25 mins at Ford, +50 minutes at Arundel, +90 minutes at Houghton and +4 hours at Pulborough.
- Harbour Dues are assessed and paid to Littlehampton Harbour Board and range from £10.50 per day to an annual fee from £64.09 (inc vat). Click here for more information.
- There is a public slipway on the east bank of the river that is free of charge for the public to use, but remember that Harbour Dues are still applicable and must actually be paid in advance.
- It is also the Harbour Board that issues the LOCAL NOTICE TO MARINERS. For details of the LNtM still in force, click here.
For more information about the Harbour and for accurate information regarding navigation along the river, please contact Littlehampton Harbour Board on 01903 721215 or via VHF Channel 71.